A LITTLE bit about me and my blog

Heyya guys. My name is Holly. You can call me "Hal" "Halls" or "Loner". (don't ask me about the last one. It's a long story.) Anyways, I started this blog so I can share my poetry with you guys. I hope you guys can relate to the stories and poems that I write! I really hope you like it!! Please subscribe!

Monday, May 18, 2015

Tornado Warning (Story)
I was calm on Saturday evening. I was playing video games and eating chicken wings. My Dad walked in and asked me, "You like severe weather, right? There is a tornado warning, so buckle down!" I feel my heart race and I try to remember that I like stormy weather. But a tornado warning seems to be a little over the top, even for me. 

My childish instincts and emotions kick in. I go up to my rooms and collect as many stuffed animals as I can. I grab my bunnies, bears, and other assorted stuffed toys that I can't live without. I snatch up my iPod and my phone. My Mom sees me as I run all around our house. I grab a sleeping bag, a flashlight, a lot of water, and a radio. I go out to the garage and grab the cat carriers. I find each of the cats, but my Mom disapproves of this and says that the cats will panic if I put them in their carriers.

I settle down a bit and my panic decreases. Dad comes back to tell me that a tornado warning means that there MIGHT be a tornado. A tornado watch means that there WILL be a tornado. I return to my video games and continue to eat my chicken wings. So now I know what I would do if there was ever a tornado.



No comments:

Post a Comment